Pages

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Health: 52 weeks....Pushing through

This is me today! 
I decided last night that I'm going to start my 52 weeks challenge or equivalent to one year challenge. I've been blogging recently on my travel adventures this summer of 2013.

For one week, i'm taking notes on My Fitness Pal apps. My blog is all about me, my travel adventures, my insights on difference aspects of life.

Today, this is my first day on the weight watchers plan. I will be posting my before and after pictures.For every pounds I shed there should be a equivalent prize/s for myself. Not food, but things I want to have.

11 years ago, I was diagnosed that I have PCOS. At the young age, I did not mind this, because I want to enjoy life. But as the years goes by, I realized that everything about me (emotionally and physically) are not doing good.


Accoring to NHK.UK Polycystic ovaries contain a large number of harmless cysts that are no bigger than 8mm each. Normal ovaries have only about half this number of cysts. The cysts are under-developed follicles which contain eggs that haven't developed properly. Often in PCOS, these follicles are unable to release an egg, meaning ovulation doesn't take place. Many women have polycystic ovaries without having the syndrome (without the symptoms). Some women have the syndrome, but have normal-looking ovaries on ultrasound.

Causes of polycystic ovary syndrome

The exact cause of PCOS is unknown, but it often runs in families.
Women who are overweight are more at risk of developing PCOS. Many women with PCOS have a family history of diabetes and high cholesterol.

It's also believed that insulin may play a role. Insulin is a hormone that controls sugar levels in the body. Many women with PCOS have too much insulin in their body, which contributes to the increased production and activity of male hormones. Being overweight increases the amount of insulin that your body produces.

Treating polycystic ovary syndrome

There's no cure for PCOS, but the symptoms can be treated. Specific types of contraceptive pill may be prescribed to help regulate the menstrual cycle and improve hair growth. Lifestyle changes, such as losing weight, may help to control some of the symptoms.

Polycystic ovary syndrome is associated with an increased risk of problems in later life, such as type 2 diabetes and high cholesterol levels.

It's time to push my limits. My goal as of now is to lose 0.5 lbs per week. By Cutting down the calories that I consumed. And more activities.

Today I'm weighting 201.4 lbs. This is highly alarming on my health condition. I've been in many ways on how to loose my weight. But none of them was a success. Today I'm aiming to loose at least Five Pounds per month.





No comments:

Post a Comment